When a person loses a tooth, the health and beauty of their smile suffers. Thankfully, at The Silverstrom Group, we can restore a smile to optimal appearance and function with dental implants. In today’s blog, your Livingston dentists, Dr. David Silverstrom and Dr. Gary Silverstrom, offer a fun quiz to explain how dental implants can provide durable and natural looking restoration.
Dental Implant Quiz
1. True or False: Losing a tooth may lead to misalignment.
2. True or False: Missing teeth affect your appearance.
3. True or False: Dental implants restore smiles.
4. True or False: Dental implants provide long lasting and natural looking restoration.
1. True. After losing a tooth, the surrounding teeth often begin drifting towards the empty socket. This leads to misalignment, which can eventually make eating and even speaking difficult. Crooked teeth also make thorough brushing and flossing difficulty, increasing the risk of tooth decay and gum disease.
2. True. When a tooth is lost, the body responds by suspending the flow calcium and phosphorus to the jawbone. Deprived of essential nutrients, the jawbone tissue begins to dissolve. This not only leads to further tooth loss, but sometimes causes the patient to take on an aged appearance, including the development of jowls, sunken cheeks, and a ptotic chin.
3. True. An implant is a biocompatible titanium post your Livingston NJ cosmetic dentists insert directly into the jawbone. The implant is accepted by the body as a natural tooth, preventing the loss of jawbone tissue and preserving your smile.
4. True. On average, an implant can last for 25 years. In some cases, implants have been known to last even longer. Each implant will be topped with a custom-made and shaded crown, ensuring your restoration blends seamlessly with your smile.
Schedule an Appointment with Your Livingston NJ Cosmetic Dentists
Do you suffer from tooth loss? Interested in improving your smile with dental implants? Then talk to your Livingston NJ cosmetic dentists today. Dr. David Silverstrom and Dr. Gary Silverstrom can return your smile to full function and appearance with implant technology. At The Silverstrom Group, we offer the latest in general, restorative, and cosmetic dentistry to transform the health and beauty of our patients’ smiles. Contact The Silverstrom Group in Livingston, New Jersey by calling (973) 797-9345. The Silverstrom Group is located at 580 South Livingston Avenue, Livingston, New Jersey.