According the Centers of Disease Control, over 50% of adults over the age of 30 suffer from the painful symptoms of gum disease. This serious and widespread dental disorder threatens your dental health and can increase the risk of tooth loss. At The Silverstrom Group, we provide treatment options and preventive techniques to address gum disease. In today’s blog, your Livingston dentists, Dr. David Silverstrom and Dr. Gary Silverstrom, use an informative quiz to discuss the causes of periodontitis and what you can do to prevent gum disease.
Gum Disease Quiz
1. True or False: Dental cleanings help prevent gum disease.
2. True or False: Sore and bleeding gums are common symptoms of gum disease.
3. True or False: Maintaining good oral hygiene helps patients avoid the onset of periodontal disease.
4. True or False: Your Livingston general dentists provide advanced treatment for gum disease.
Gum Disease Quiz Answer Key
1. True: The American Dental Association recommends people undergo a routine cleaning once every six months. During a cleaning, our dental hygienists will remove the layers of plaque buildup from your teeth. Plaque irritates the gums, often leading to inflammation, also known as gingivitis. Over time, gingivitis can cause gum disease to develop. A simple cleaning helps you avoid this serious dental issue.
2. True: Other symptoms of gum disease include: red gums, bad breath, and receding gums.
3. True: Bacteria cause plaque buildup. Brushing your teeth twice a day and flossing once, along with the regular use of antibacterial mouthwash, help cleanse your mouth of harmful bacteria and food particles. Regular dental habits, along with routine cleanings, help your smile remain free of periodontitis.
4. True: Using safe and comfortable dental lasers, your Livingston dentists can remove infected tissue with accuracy and precision.
Schedule an Appointment with Your Livingston General Dentists
Are you currently exhibiting the symptoms of gum disease? Interested in our innovative treatments or prevention techniques? Then contact your Livingston general dentists today. We offer the latest in general, restorative, and cosmetic dentistry to transform smiles. Contact The Silverstrom Group in Livingston, New Jersey by calling (973) 797-9345. The Silverstrom Group is located at 580 South Livingston Avenue, Livingston, New Jersey.