If you are unhappy with the alignment of your teeth, you have other options beyond lengthy orthodontics treatments like braces. At Silverstrom Group in Livingston, instant orthodontics are made possible with porcelain veneers. This cosmetic dentistry procedure affords you a uniformly straight, bright smile you may have never thought possible.
Porcelain veneers can be applied in as few as two visits to our Livingston cosmetic dentists’ offices. Drs. Gary and David Silverstrom are practiced in the application of porcelain veneers, and our team’s main priority is our patients’ comfort and satisfaction.
How Do Porcelain Veneers Work?
At Silverstrom’s state-of-the-art offices in Livingston, porcelain veneers are just one of several cosmetic and restorative dentistry procedures we offer. Veneers create a white, straight smile in one or two visits, boosting our patients’ confidence and pride in their smiles.
We are proud to offer the highest quality porcelain for our veneers, which are crafted to blend and fit snugly on each patient’s teeth. We have our own in-house laboratory in which we create our veneers, expediting the process of beautifying your smile.
With traditional veneers, our trained staff will take molds of a patient’s teeth, from which the veneers are crafted. During your second visit, the veneers are bonded to the front surfaces of your teeth, completely covering any discoloration, chips, or cracks. As instant orthodontics are applied, they automatically cover any unsightly discolorations, cracks, or chips on teeth, and are perfectly aligned for a straight smile.
We are proud to offer CEREC®one-visit veneersas well, which allow us to makeover patients’ smiles in one visit to our Livingston offices. The CEREC® system is a portable system that allows Drs. Gary and David Silverstrom to create and craft porcelain veneers (and ceramic onlays and crowns) right in our offices as a patient waits. The machine creates beautiful restorative prosthetics in just a few minutes to each patient’s specifications.
How Do I Know if Porcelain Veneers Are Right for Me?
At our Livingston cosmetic dentistry practice, porcelain veneers are one of the most natural, long-lasting, strong, and beautiful dental fabrications we offer patients. Veneers are custom made with each special smile in mind. Drs. Gary and David Silverstrom match veneers to a patient’s natural teeth, or can whiten natural teeth to match veneers with the Zoom! Teeth Whitening system.
Porcelain veneers are an excellent option for you if:
- Your natural teeth have a strong root and enough space upon which your veneers can be affixed.
- You do not want to go through some lengthy orthodontic procedures like braces, which can take months or years to complete.
- You consume foods and drinks which naturally stain your teeth, such as coffee and soda, or if you use tobacco products. Porcelain is much more stain resistant than natural enamel.
- You want to continue with a normal dental hygiene regimen. Because veneers are firmly bonded to your own teeth, they are durable and easy to clean with brushing, flossing, and rinsing.
- You want an extremely natural look. Because of the partial translucency of porcelain, some light passes through its surface to your underlying dentin, much like enamel does on a natural tooth.
For more information on traditional or CEREC® porcelain veneers, or any of our other cosmetic and general dentistry procedures, contact us today to set up a consultation.